Midphase coupon code
Is MidPhase Really the Cheap Web Hosting Provider with Premium Features?
My Review of MidPhase.com and Promotional Codes
MidPhase is a one-stop shop for all kinds of hosting needs. Whether you’re a large business seeking to launch your own e-store, a web developer seeking to become a web host yourself, or a traveler looking forward to sharing your experiences via a blog, you’ll find a hosting solution without breaking your wallet.
Launched by Utah-based Hosting Services, Inc in 2003, MidPhase was co-founded by Dan Ushman and Zac Boca. It has quickly grown from zero to over a hundred thousand customers. The secret to their success is the combination of robust hardware, great customer support, and affordability. The company offers the following hosting solutions:
- Web Hosting (Linux and Windows)
- Server Hosting (Shared, Dedicated, Managed, Dedicated SLA, SoftLayer)
- Reseller Hosting
MidPhase.com Webhosting Main Benefits
My research shows that signing up with MidPhase is good decision for the following reasons:
- Feature-packed plans. Even I sign up for a basic plan only, I get unlimited disk space and bandwidth. With other web hosts, I have to choose their premium plan to enjoy the same benefit.
- WYSIWYG interface. This allows you to see how your site will appear online as you are building it.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee. This is more realistic than the hundred percent uptime guarantee offered by other webhosts. If I experience a server downtime, MidPhase gives me a credit.
- 30-day full money back guarantee. If I’m not satisfied with the performance of MidPhase, I just inform them and I get a full refund.
- Multiple support contact options. Average response time of phone support is 11 minutes while live chat takes about a minute to two to respond. When I send them an email, I get a response within 24 hours.
- Support response time guarantee. If you don’t receive immediate response, MidPhase gives you a credit.
MidPhase.com Compared to Other Hosting Providers
I looked at IXWebHosting.com and GoDaddy.com, two web hosts that are in direct competition to MidPhase.com
IXWebHosting is also a cheap web host. It offers about the same range of products as MidPhase and money back guarantee is also 30 days. The web hosting plans are cheaper than MidPhase, and the starter plan already comes with 2 dedicated IPs; with MidPhase, you have to pay $2 for an IP per month. IXWebHosting’s unlimited month comes with 15 dedicated IPs; again with MidPhase, you have to pay $2 per IP per month. However, MidPhase offers more search engine marketing credits.
GoDaddy also offers competitive pricing. However, its starter and premium plans come with limited space. You get 100 email accounts with the basic package, whereas you get a thousand free accounts with MidPhase. Premium plan gives you 500 free email accounts; MidPhase gives you unlimited email accounts. When it comes to support, I like the fact that with GoDaddy you also have a community site, discussion forums, and user forums. These allow you to get or share tips, strategies, answers with other GoDaddy users. The company also offers free mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Android, allowing you to access your site on the go.
Things to Know Before You Sign Up with MidPhase Hosting
- MidPhase lacks ShopSite integration.
- Navigating the control panel is a little bit awkward.
- There are no Google AdWords credits.
- The reporting and statistics tool displays limited data on site visitors; it only displays referring URL, IP address, and date and time.
- There are no email scripts.
- There’s no money back guarantee on dedicated plans.
- Automatic renewal of membership may cause billing issues to some.
- The $2.95 price offer posted on the homepage can be misleading. To get this price, you have to sign up for a 3-year membership first.
What Web Hosts Might Be Better Than MidPhase?
WebHostingHub offers cheap packages starting with $3.95 per month. All plans come with unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and email accounts. Money back guarantee has a 90-day coverage.
GreenGeeks is a green web host offering unlimited disk space, bandwidth, email accounts, and domain. Starter plan is $4.95 only.
HostMonster plans start at $3.95 a month. It offers a robust technology and an award-winning US-based support.
FatCow, another well-reputed green host, offer a starter plan priced $3.15. You get a total of $125 worth of Google, Yahoo and Facebook marketing credits, as well as unlimited disk space, bandwidth, email accounts, domains and MySQL databases.
iPage is another web host that offers easy and affordable website creation. The company offers unlimited features and $200 worth of marketing credits among others.
Cost of Hosting at MidPhase.com
My research shows that MidPhase starter plan costs $6.95 a month, but you can save as much as $4 a month when you grab their 3-year package. The 2-year package brings the price down to $3.95 a month and 1 year-package to $5.95 a month. You can pay using your credit card or PayPal.
Midphase Promo Codes
MidPhase has a promotion code field in the checkout; enter the discount code. After the code is verified, the corresponding amount will be deducted from your total billing. MidPhase offers a 30-day money back guarantee so if you cancel within the first 30 days, the web host will refund you the full amount. If not, the company will automatically bill your credit card the corresponding charges.
Other WebMaster Opinions About MidPhase Hosting
My research proves that MidPhase is one of the most affordable web hosts around. However, there are plenty of rooms for improvement. Customers are complaining of frequent downtime. One said he experienced 1 to 2 outages per week. Another said he experienced 10 hours of downtime; when he notified MidPhase, it took them 4 hours to make his site running again. Another said his email gets severed two times a week, on the average. The greater issue, according to one customer, is that customer support doesn’t seem to take customer complaints seriously because they don’t fix the problems right away or they do not provide the right solutions to the problem. MidPhase does provide credit for server downtime, but customers said they would rather have 99.9% uptime. MidPhase has a great potential of becoming a top web host. Unless the company fixes these issues, however, there would be plenty of unsatisfied customers.