LunarPages Coupon Code
LunarPages.com Web Hosting Review
LunarPages is your ultimate go-to for affordable and reliable hosting services. Whether you’re a writer wanting to create a personal blog, a small start-up looking forward to creating your first e-commerce site, or a large business serving hundreds and thousands of customers, you’ll find a hosting solution that can that be easily tailored to meet your needs.
LunarPages was founded in 2008 and has quickly grown into a staff of over 125 seasoned IT personnel. The company currently hosts over 150,000 web sites from their data centers in Irvine and San Diego CA, Las Vegas NV, and Phoenix AZ.
The company offers the following hosting services:
- Managed Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Colocation Services
- VPS Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Business Web Hosting
- Starter web hosting costs $3.95 a month.
- If you want the quickest way to build a web present, Quicksite costs $12.95 a month. Dedicated web hosting is $109 per month.
- The cheapest service is Open-Xchange Email; plan costs $2.95 per month.
Cost of WebHosting Plans at LunarPages.com
What does LunarPages Dedicated Hosting Offer?
Dedicated servers are the right solution for enterprises and advanced ecommerce websites. Lunarpages offer several plans and solutions that can be tailor-made to your needs, including Linux or Windows, managed or unmanaged servers, where the user can handle the entire maintenance. All packages come with priority 24-hour support.
See current Prices of Lunarpages Dedicated Servers
Payments and Refunds
LunarPages offers multiple payment options. It accepts payments by credit card, PayPal, personal checks, e-checks and money order. If you are unhappy with LunarPages, cancel within 30 days if you wish to receive a refund. However, domain registration as well as setup fees are non-refundable.
LunarPages Selling Points – Why is LunarPages Good
From my research, I learned that LunarPages hosting services are great value for my money for the following reasons:
- Free marketing Tools. You get free vouchers for Google, Facebook and MySpace AdWords.
- Easy-to-use site creation tools. Building a website is a breeze. You can easily customize your website to include a guestbook, image gallery, or other features with a few clicks of your mouse.
- Comprehensive desk help and support. Whenever you need assistance or have issues that need immediate resolution, you can reach customer support via phone or email. Equally impressive is the comprehensive database, allowing for DIY solutions to hosting problems. There are text tutorials as well as video tutorials to help you become a webmaster instantly.
- Professional web design. You can easily create an impressive website that reflects your business needs. LunarPages lets you choose from the many website builders available, and you also get assistance in building of website.
How Does LunarPages Compare to Other Webhosts; HostGator and HostMonster?
I looked into two different web hosting services which are in competition to LunarPages:
HostGator is host to over 2.2 million websites, which is apparently several times more than LunarPages. This indicates that HostGator is the more popular of the two, but not necessarily better. One reason for HostGator’s popularity is the low pricing of its hosting packages. HostGator’s business plans, for instance, start at $10.36 per month, while LunarPages’ start at $19.95. It also has a longer trial period, which is 60 days. However, HostGator supports Linux platforms only, while LunarPages offers Windows and Linux Hosting.
HostMonster also underprices LunarPages by a dollar. However, the company offers one type of hosting plan only, and this is shared hosting. While having one option saves some customers from confusion of having to choose from many types of hosting solutions, this means only certain group of clients can use the service. Those looking for reseller, dedicated, or other types of hosting solutions will fare better with LunarPages. One advantage of Hostmonster is the anytime guarantee; you can cancel anytime and receive a prorated refund. You also get a free domain with the basic plan as well as the more flexible SimpleScripts installer.
Points Against LunarPages
- Hosting plans are more expensive than other web hosts.
- EM/SEO services as well as Google AdWords credit are available to US customers only.
- Web application installer is Fantastico, which is more complicated to use than SimpleScripts; you need to have some degree of technical knowledge to be able to use this.
- Basic plans get you limited bandwidth and server space; starter plans of other webhosts typically come with unlimited everything.
- A FAQs page would make search for basic membership questions, such as payment methods and moneyback guarantee, quick and convenient.
LunarPages Reviews Online
LunarPages is one of the popular web hosts online. It has received a fair share of positive and negative reviews from its customers. On the positive side, customers say they rarely experience outages. Server speed is also impressive. However, customers said support leaves a lot to be desired. One customer said support was unable to point out the cause of timing out of his WordPress blogs. Another said his fees kept increasing each year without support informing him beforehand of the changes. Another said he was charged a $30 set up fee when he was promised a free setup by support. Response time is also frustratingly long; one customer clocked response time of phone support at 11 minutes. Software seems unreliable, too. One customer shared that he was unable to receive email for 15 days.
What these reviews point out in a nutshell is that, as a technology provider, LunarPages excels. However, when it comes to support, it has a lot of polishing to do.
LunarPages.com Coupon Codes
LunarPages offers discount codes, which you can find with a simple Google search. The promotional codes available are product specific, so see the top of this post for the latest promo codes and the plans they apply.